Substance use treatment differs for everyone. As part of our various treatment options, The Counseling Center provides Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Clark area individuals. This effective approach helps some people deal with alcohol or drug withdrawal symptoms and minimize cravings that tempt them to start using again. Under the guidance of our expert clinicians, you could receive medication treatment to help you advance in your substance use recovery and meet your goals of sobriety.
How Can Medication-assisted Treatment Help?
Medication-assisted treatment utilizes FDA-approved medications to ease the symptoms and urges of alcohol and drug addiction. We know that cravings and withdrawal are distressing and make it hard to deal with addiction.
We battle those impulses with medications like Suboxone and Vivitrol. Our credentialed medical staff will consult with you to determine your appropriate medication and dosage. As you undergo MAT in Clark, we follow how you do with the medication to ensure you suffer no unpleasant side effects and you continue to receive the treatment on the proper timeline.
Medication-assisted treatment is most successful when combined with therapy, peer support, and healthy sober practices. The Counseling Center in Clark is glad to provide this complete level of care. We unite mental and medical health care to attend to the ”entire you” and fight drug and alcohol addiction from every angle to provide a greater likelihood of recovery.
Suboxone And Vivitrol For Medication-assisted Treatment
The Counseling Center utilizes prescription drugs including Suboxone and Vivitrol to help prevent cravings and relapse as you go through recovery for substance use. Here’s why we turn to these prescriptions for MAT near Clark.
- Daily medication ingested orally for opioid dependence
- Obstructs brain receptors to stop cravings
- Acceptable to utilize long-term under competent Medical supervision
- Limited risk of addiction
- Once a month injection for addiction to opiates or alcohol
- Prevents the brain from experiencing gratification from substance use
- Suitable for long-term use under authorized medical supervision
- Not addictive forming
Why We Offer MAT In Clark
Offering Medication-assisted treatment in Clark is just one way The Counseling Center emphasizes personalized care. For numerous people, mitigating addiction cravings gives them an added boost in their recovery, and we want to help you find approaches that promote a healthier life.
MAT supplies several possible advantages for substance use recovery:
- Reduces symptoms of withdrawal
- Halts cravings
- Helps prevent overdoses and relapse
- Lets you hone in on recovery
- Provides a greater likelihood of enduring recovery
- Offers a treatment possibility that fits into your everyday life