PTSD Treatment Near Clark
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can interfere with your life and make it difficult to function. Thankfully, specialized treatment can make things easier. If you’re prepared to confront former traumas and move forward with your life, contact The Counseling Center at Clark at 732-605-6029 today. We deliver respectful, skilled PTSD treatment near Clark for teenagers, adults, and veterans in a safe environment.
What Is PTSD?
The mental health disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has the potential to present itself if you experience or observe a traumatic event or sequence of events.
This includes military conflict, abuse or violence, sex-related aggression, devastating accidents, natural catastrophes, intimidation, or any other severe or persistent occurrence that endangers your overall welfare. Any person can be affected by PTSD at any point in their life.
PTSD can be debilitating when symptoms get in the way of living a normal, content life. These symptoms may encompass
- Stressful feelings even when you aren’t in danger
- Intrusive thoughts and dreams about the traumatic occurrence
- Vivid flashbacks to the incident
- Blocking out parts of the trauma
- Keeping away from reminders of the event, such as locations or people involved
- Feelings of humiliation or placing blame on yourself
- Ongoing suspicion and fear
- Inability to concentrate
- Easily agitated or startled
- Constantly on alert and untrusting
- Trouble sleeping
- Anger and irritability
- Lack of interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing or feeling detached from others
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Feeling emotionally numb or hopeless
Many individuals suffer these sorts of symptoms in the days and weeks following a traumatic event. With that being said, PTSD may also arise years following the traumatic occurrence. Some individuals might even endure PTSD by hearing that someone else -- like a member of their family or a close friend -- underwent a disturbing occurrence. You might have PTSD if your symptoms persist for more than a month and prevent you from operating normally.
If you grapple with PTSD, the compassionate clinicians at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Clark want to help. Our skilled staff understands what you’re going through and has expertise helping people like you cope with PTSD. Call 732-605-6029 today to arrange an assessment and find out how we will help you work through traumas from your past.
How Does The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
You can’t change the reality that you have experienced a traumatic event, but proper PTSD treatment near Clark can prevent it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center provides specialized therapy and prescription treatment for PTSD as part of our extensive mental health services. We’ll work with you at your own pace to help you heal from trauma and deal with the symptoms of PTSD so you can experience a life that is happier and more fulfilling.
We believe the most worthwhile PTSD treatment starts with customized care. Your confrontation with and reaction to trauma won’t look like someone else’s, so neither should your therapy. After assessing your health records and symptoms, we’ll formulate a custom-tailored treatment plan with evidence-based therapy and prescription medications to accommodate your individual needs for managing PTSD. Call us at 732-605-6029 today to set up an appointment and start your personalized PTSD treatment near Clark.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Clark
Speaking about your past trauma and feelings with a certified therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our practitioners comprehend the devastating nature of trauma and keep it in mind during conversations. In therapy, you’ll have the chance to modify negative thought processes, acquire healthy coping skills, and start to heal. Together, we can get you to a spot where you’re not merely making it through but growing in spite of past experiences.
The skilled therapists at The Counseling Center use many types of PTSD therapy near Clark. We will suggest the therapies we feel will best meet your exact situation. These can include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that focuses on how trauma has influenced all aspects of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify patterns of thought that are holding you back from healing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to develop coping skills for dealing with the difficult emotions arising from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to discover the internal motivation, so you can make the needed changes to promote healing and living a healthier life
Taking Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can lead to a range of physical and mental symptoms that make life difficult. Some symptoms can be managed with the correct prescription drugs when coupled with PTSD therapy near Clark. Our qualified medical team will collaborate with you to figure out when medication is required and find the suitable medicine for you. We’ll also perform necessary changes and are always available to answer questions to make certain your medication remains safe and beneficial for you.
Why Go To Our Clark PTSD Treatment Center?
You don’t have to struggle alone with PTSD. The Counseling Center is ready to assist, and we offer the finest care possible to help you achieve your goals for dealing with your stressors and trauma. Everything we do at our PTSD treatment center near Clark puts a priority on you as the patient. That involves:
- Credentialed, skilled therapists and clinicians
- Evidence-based therapy and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Care tailored to you
- Multiple options of mental health care
- Centrally located near Clark
- Hybrid schedules with telehealth appointment options
- Major insurance plans welcomed
- Advanced treatment for co-occurring alcohol or drug disorders
- Understanding, dignified care
Find PTSD Treatment Near Clark
If you have PTSD, you deserve help. Contact us at 732-605-6029 or complete the form, and we will respond promptly to enroll you in PTSD treatment. We’re always available, no matter the time or day. We are ready to assist you now.